Friday, May 20, 2016

Our Little Pre-K Graduates


           We are very proud of our Clay Walker & Raegan Amily!  The top picture definitely shows the personality of these 2!  Clay is super excited while Raegan is a wee bit nervous. They both contributed to a great performance though.  Our children have all loved attending McRae Methodist Enrichment School.  They offer small classes in 3 age groups, 4 days a week, 3 hours a day.  We are not the most faithful students.  Life happens.  Homeschool field trips or church events sometimes conflict.   What is so neat is that the same teacher that taught me as a toddler has also taught each of our children.   It is such a loving atmosphere that encourages play & learning that won't break the bank.  It has allowed me to homeschool our oldest 2 with much needed 1 on 1 time.  Next year with be a whole new ballgame for all of us.  We've always homeschooled while the littles were there.  Now we'll have everyone at home.  I will instruct the 3 littles in Kindergarten.  That may be a challenge with Graham Jack only being 4.  I'm up for the challenge though!  I think they will love learning together even if Graham can't do every single thing that they can.  Sadly, I will put Kaley & Marianna back on the A Beka Dvd programs.  It breaks my heart that I will have a high schooler already mailing in accredited work.  How did that happen so fast?  Thankfully they are excited & looking forward to the new changes.  Marianna can always use any extra motivation.  She was bored with the Dvds before we quit them but expresses lots of excitement as we discuss beginning them once again.  Let's just pray she pays attention!  She has really thrived with me working with her one on one.  I am interested to see how much she has matured & if she can be responsible enough to be studious without my leading every single moment.  It shall be interesting to witness!  So, if you see me next school year & I'm acting a little crazy or look out of sorts, just remember I have 3 Kindergartners, a 5th grader, & a 9th grader at home!  I'm super excited though!!!      

No comments:

Post a Comment