Saturday, February 7, 2015

Eviction Notice

"If you only knew what I was gonna be,
After the storm, you wouldn't have even bothered me.
And now I'm STRONGER!
And I got more POWER!
I'm a little bit WISER!
And I've got more STRENGTH!
Got thee ANOINTING!
Got God's FAVOR!
And we're still STANDING!"

     Most times, the enemy of our soul barges in with his same old tricks.  This time, we were ready for the battle.  The verses to the above song say,

"You may have thought, you won the last round.  You may have laughed (cuz) I almost fell down.  Maybe you think I give up easy.  But it's not over, I got more in me!  You thought I stopped, you thought I sat down...You hit me hard, I should be knocked out.  Things I've been through, don't even wanna talk about it.  You crossed the line this time.  You violated me...Battle's not mine, the battle is the Lord's.  In the name of Jesus, I'm taking it by force!" 

     He's come around here TOO many times with that!  This time all he found was an EVICTION NOTICE!  Life is TOO short to fight the same battles.  God has rescued us so many times from your wiles.  Last time, what you didn't realize was we prepared.  We didn't cave.  We never quit.  We kept fighting.  We have drawn strength.  When you tried crashing in this time, all you found was a wall with an EVICTION NOTICE.  Our family is safely tucked inside God's presence.  He is not the author of confusion.  In His presence, you must flee!  Your artful beguiling behavior & cunning trickery is not allowed up in here.  We will not back down.  People we love can allow that devil to use them outside that wall all they want to.  My family will not bow for that.  We have too much invested.  Too many prayers have been prayed, too much worry & fret has been spent over past attacks, too many days have been wasted waiting for this storm to pass.  Now we will make lemonade with your lemons & dance in the rain!!!  It's like a party over here that you're not invited to devil!  I don't even know how to put it into words.  The SAME old attacker is back with a different scenario but his SAME old tricks.  Yet, we have more joy & peace than ever before.  Our family is surviving & thriving.  Sadly you will not take part.  All you will read is that EVICTION NOTICE!  Don't let anything or anybody inside those walls of divine protection built by the Master that only want to tear you or your family down!  
     

2 comments:

  1. My favorite line: "Your artful beguiling behavior and cunning trickery is not allowed up in here." A wordsmith with a little edge ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, was so pleasantly surprised to find your blog tonight! Love your title and the thoughts you shared! So proud of you and the wonderful wife and mother you are to your family."Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her. Many daughters have done well, But you excel them all. Charm is deceitful, and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised." Proverbs 31

    ReplyDelete